Topic of the Week
As I sat down to write this week’s newsletter, I realized that today is a special day. A special date, actually. It’s 10/10/10. So, inspired by these numbers, I decided to do something fun. In an effort to help you take good care of yourself, I quickly made a list of ten things to say yes to, ten things to say no to, and ten things that contribute to a great life, overall. I hope you find a few on the list that resonate for you!
Ten things to say yes to:
- Green vegetables.
- People who make you laugh.
- A goal or dream that won’t go away.
- Being in nature and getting fresh air.
- Sitting in sunlight.
- Spontaneous hugs.
- An invitation that feels exciting and scary at the same time.
- More rest than you think you need.
- Moving your body.
- An open door that feels like an act of grace.
Ten things to say no to:
- Conversations with people who constantly drain your energy.
- Negative thoughts.
- The inner critic who tells you to play it safe.
- Pushing yourself to do more when you feel tired.
- Unhealthy guilt or shame.
- A request that immediately causes you stress.
- Second helpings when you feel full.
- More work when you already have a full plate.
- Living life from the neck up.
Ten things that contribute to a great life:
- A pet.
- An ability to laugh at yourself and others.
- A home that nurtures your soul.
- A loving partner to share the details of daily life with.
- The good sense to back out of arguments that never go anywhere.
- Good friends who mirror the truth with love.
- The ability to say “I’m sorry.”
- Becoming adept at feeling your feelings and trusting them.
- A daily ritual of gratitude.