Last week, one of my readers asked me to share my best self-care secret. Because life isn’t static and circumstances change, it’s impossible to pick just one.
So I told her I’d share twenty in this week’s blog.
These are the things I try to do almost every day. When I don’t, I never beat myself up, though. That would be bad self-care .
See if any work for you…
- Wake up grateful.
- Drink half your body weight in water (in ounces).
- Put space in your calendar between commitments or appointments so you stay in the flow.
- Look for one thing in nature that astonishes you.
- Challenge your perfectionism by allowing good enough to be good enough.
- Start the week by looking at your calendar to see if any engagement makes you groan. If you find something, change it.
- Stop hanging out with people who care more about hearing their own voice than mutual conversation.
- Take a picture of a bird or an animal.
- Move your body in some fun way.
- Give away one thing you no longer love or need.
- Eat lots of green vegetables.
- Say thank you. A lot.
- Go to bed early.
- Keep a flower nearby.
- Do something helpful and loving for someone else.
- Listen to a favorite piece of music.
- Meditate, even if only for ten minutes.
- Tell yourself, “I love you, sweetheart” in the most tender-loving way.
- Laugh. Then laugh some more.
There you have it – a handy self-care list! Enjoy your day .
PS – There will be no Facebook Live this week while I’m in London. You can view past sessions on my YouTube channel at CherylRichardsonTV here.
Need a little Divine Direction? Use the “Touch of Grace” button on our homepage here.